Monday 30 June 2014

Mojo Challenge - Week Eleven - Characters Welcomed


 "Create a piece of jewelry inspired by a celebrity or pop culture character.  The character can be from a TV show, movie or book.  Fun, right? Ask yourself - what would she wear and go to town making it. "

Click here for more details.

 
 

Not sure why, but I have been fascinated for a very long time with trying to design something for Wilma Flintstone.
 
I really don't know why I decided to work with horn. Maybe my decision was based on the idea that animal horn would have been available in the "modern stone age". Maybe my decision was based on the idea that animal horn would be a good choice as an alternative material, since stone is so heavy. Also, everyone knows that Fred loved Wilma very much. That's why I am pretty sure that he would have given her a second necklace to wear for special occasions. It's easy for me to believe that Wilma would have worn something upscale when she attended a special occasion with Fred, like a dinner hosted by the Loyal order of Water Buffaloes.
 
The very rustic vintage silver that I used, may likely be a bit of a stretch for anyone to make during the "modern stone age", but I like to think that there could have been a talented maker of unique jewellery (someone a lot like me) living in Bedrock at that very special time. And just like me, that jewellery maker needed something to connect the pieces together. After all, Wilma deserves to wear something special, whenever she went out on the town of Bedrock.
 
 
 
 
I am happy with this piece. It did start out with the chain in the back but I think I prefer it in the front. I feel certain that Wilma would agree with me. I hope you do too..
 
Hope you like it. Enjoy!
 
 

2 comments: